Friday, November 30, 2007

Grown-ups know when to eat whatever's left in the fridge

I just went grocery shopping.

Despite having fed myself (or not) every weekend for the past year and a half, as well as living on my own for random bits of time at various house-sitting venues, I consider this my first real grocery shop.

I think the woman at the deli knew it too. She looked at me like I was a little kid playing dress-up, and not in the nice, 'we'll play along and have some fun' way. More in the 'we'll play along then watch her crash and burn' way.

Some advice to future grown-up me:

1. Pick a different day to go shopping.
2. Pick a different place.
3. Pick a different month, dude.

But hey, I got bread, butter, and vegemite. I'll be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home      About Me      Categories      Blogroll      Buttons      Email Me