Tuesday, June 06, 2006

About Me

Hi. Welcome to the Ranch.

I'm really not sure what constitutes an acceptable About page - is it a mini-biography? is it full of links to posts I've already written that demonstrate who I am? does it include my favourite colour or animal? a hundred things? a cast of characters? - but I will start typing and see what we end up with. (I do that a lot, actually.)

My name is Missy. I am 23. Wow, 23 sounds kind of boring. 22 is young and collegey, and 24 is young and newly employed, but 23? Dull. Let's move on from there. I have a younger brother and a dad, who you may hear referred to as skywalker or vsquared.

I was born in Darwin, Northern Territory. I lived there for 20 years, going to pre-school, primary school, high school, and a couple of years of uni. I played a lot of basketball, and totally took the lack of winter for granted. I took a year off uni to work and do the summer camp counselor thing and some travelling, which was totally fun.

When I came back, I worked a bit more - at a sports store, and at a childcare centre as a support worker for a kid with autism - and uni'd a bit more then decided I really wanted to be studying English with the goal of working in publishing.

I moved to Adelaide, South Australia (oh yeah, did I mention I'm Australian? Cos that's true. And pretty cool, right? Australia is awesome!) in 2006, lived on campus for a year and a half while I got my degree, then moved to a house with two smelly boys while I did (am doing) my Honours year.

In July of 2008, I went to the BlogHer conference, and did some more travelling around the USA. Then I got back and had my birthday, and now here we are.

My Honours thesis is due in October, the rest of my uni work will be done by November, I want to go back home to visit my family / Darwin's weather at some point, I will need a real job soon after that, and I would love to win the lottery so I can go to BlogHer09.

I am on Flickr and a bunch of other things. I have so far resisted the Twitter Is Taking Over The World thing, but I'm not judging if you haven't.

For a list and descriptions of what I write about, there is the Categories page. For all the blogs I read, there is my Blogroll. There's even a page for all my retired Buttons and Things.

You can email me - meanwhilemissy AT gmail DOT com - or just leave me a comment somewhere around the Ranch. I would love to hear from you. (I'm supposed to be writing a thesis remember? I need the distraction.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home      About Me      Categories      Blogroll      Buttons      Email Me