I was tagged by TLC over at Send Chocolate to tell you all Six Random Things. First, this may end up being more than six. I am very jittery, and may just keep typing all night. Second, I will do a What To Expect At BlogHer edition later in the week. And third, in case I don't mention it a bajillion times in the next six paragraphs, I leave for San Francisco in the morning.
1. The next time I post, I will be in San Francisco. In a different time zone, in a different country, in a different hemisphere.
2. This morning I had a little meltdown, refusing to start packing. Literally refusing to start. It was too big. Luckily Shelle talked me down off of that particular ledge, and I packed. I am packed. Lists were made and crossed off. I have nothing left to do but remember my toothbrush in the morning.
(TOMORROW morning. I am leaving tomorrow. For BlogHer. Which is in San Francisco.)
3. I think what really freaks me out is how normal this seems. Oh yes, I'll just toss some things into my bag so I can FLY HALFWAY AROUND THE WORLD TO MEET MY IMAGINARY INTERNET FRIENDS.
4. I thought there was free alcohol on international flights, and SuperTiff backed me up on this. But then DanDan told me that was only in first class. Am I going to need to do some sneaking/flirting/stealing or are they going to just give me a damn drink already, I've been flying for fifty hours and I really need one, please pretty please.
5. Turns out my grades weren't being withheld because I still haven't read that one book. It's just an Honours thing, that they don't show your grades til the end of the year. So I have two grades back - both Distinctions. Honours is back on track.
6. I now have my e-ticket. Well, that's a fucking relief, don't you think?
That's six. I'm going to go and visit all your blogs one more time before I leave for San Francisco, and try to ignore the teeny tiny numbers on my countdown which are freaking me right the fuck out.
Something for you to think and comment about while I'm enjoying the hospitality of Air New Zealand: what should this trip be called? I need to make a label for it, so leave me your best catchy tags and I'll start posting updates on the [whatever you decide it's called] [trip/adventure/holiday/craziness/whatever] when I get to SAN FRANCISCO. TOMORROW.
In conclusion: YAY! WOW! FUCK! SQUEE! OMFG!