Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Fucking Awesome Mythical Hobbit Jesus Santa Award: Jenny, the Bloggess

Thursday night at the People's Party, Tiff and I had exhausted our supply of people we could bravely approach and had heard a rumour that Jenny, the fucking awesome Bloggess was holding court in the bathroom. Since we had had a fair amount of vodka at this point and also really needed to pee, we went to investigate.

Sure enough, there she was, being all absolutely fucking hilarious and awesome.

As I kind of alluded to in my Bossy post, I basically felt that I could approach famous bloggers once, tell them I loved their writing, and then never speak to them again for the rest of the conference. Well, that didn't happen with Jory, or Bossy, and it also didn't happen with the Bloggess.

We were all brave and shit and introduced ourselves. There was a heated discussion with the Yahoo boys about them not being able to spell "Bloggess." There was singing. And, as the whole world now knows, there was boob patting.

I feel very strongly that the Bloggess had spilled something and I was helping. I don't know. It is entirely possible I just wanted to be touching her boobs. Seriously. It's very possible. How could you not?



(That seems like such a good note to end this post on, but I have more Bloggess shit to discuss.)

There was THE DRAMA at the closing keynote. Anybody still want to talk about that?

Ooh, no, first there was the Community Keynote, which was absolutely fucking amazing. I was thisclose to crying several times (but, lucky for Jory, I saved it all for her) and I also just about peed my pants laughing. At this, in particular. In my personal opinion, the Bloggess is fucking hilarious, in person and on her blog. So there. I hope I remembered to tell her that. (And she makes me say fuck a lot.)

So then it was the closing keynote, and Dooce said something about being called a hobbit by 'someone who might be in the room,' like, seriously? Of course she's in the room, and even if you didn't say her name, a decent percentage of the audience knew who had written it and who she was. But, as she acknowledged, she's still learning to cope, and I understand that people, even mythical blogger type people, make bad decisions sometimes. So, ok.

Then the Bloggess stood up and was all, 'that's not what I was saying! I fucking love you!' which, duh. And she was hilarious some more.

And then she left and we never did get to hear Dooce's response to her.

AND THEN (yeah, I'm such a fucking awesome writer right now) we ran into her in the lobby and she was crying and I just had to give her a hug and THE BLOGGESS REMEMBERED ME.

And then she posted pictures of me grabbing her boobs on her blog. And then I loved her forever, and also she moved to Australia.

8 comments:

  1. I have a picture with you that I'm going to get around to sending.

    Eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:46 am

    I'm so sad I missed the Great Bathroom Party.

    So glad I got to meet YOU though, even if I did end up reverting to obnoxious Advice Smackdown Mother Mode for some reason on that couch at Macy's. "OH MY GOD, I HAVE IMPORTANT PACKING ADVICE FOR YOUR MAKEUP THAT I MUST REPEAT FOUR MILLION HUNDRED TIMES!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so jealous of that bathroom party too, haha. i saw your picture on the bloggess and was like, how did i miss that one? haha.

    glad you had such a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You three all rock. I promise your awards are coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn. I missed the bathroom party. But I totally enjoyed meeting you. You rock.

    And I didn't tell you this cuz Backpacking Dude was totally slobbering all over you, but I thought you were freaking GORGEOUS.

    Yowser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course I remembered you! Dude! We bonded! Seriously, you are hysterical and your accent makes me melty.

    You and Tiff need to come to Houston to visit. It's not that far away, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang you bathroom partying women! And damn these useless breast of mine!

    Jenny is da bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, yeah! Where the hell was I during the bathroom party!?

    So jealous.

    ReplyDelete

Home      About Me      Categories      Blogroll      Buttons      Email Me