Saturday, September 23, 2006

Decisions, decisions

I just recieved a letter from the Admissions Office here at Flinders. Really, the letterhead should have tipped me off, but it didn't, so I kept reading.

Dear Missy

We are writing to you as you have expressed an interest in studying at Flinders.

Yes, I'm really interested.

As you may know, applications close on Friday 29th September 2006.

I didn't, as it turns out. But thanks for letting me know.

If you are needing additional information on studying at Flinders, out Admissions/Prospective Student staff would be happy to assist you.

Damn. And I just went to the BA Office for some additional information. All that time wasted speaking to the wrong people.

You may also like to know that overall student satisfaction with the quality of their courses at Flinders is consistently high.

That's good to know. Overall paper wastage by university staff is also high.

You have recieved this letter as you contacted the Admissions/Prospective Students Office at Flinders University during 2006, if you do not wish to recieve updates please indicate this to us by phone and we will remove you from our mailing list.

I should definitely do that. One may have thought actual admission would have done that already, but apparantly not. And PS, I do hope this display of punctuation is not common to all satisfied Flinders grads.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:07 pm

    My goodness, looks like CDU finally has something in common with an actual university! Yes, fear not, I also got a letter very similar to yours, and I have been attending the same university for the last four years. I love those letters, when you've failed one class, that ask you if everything's ok, and if you are having trouble to let them know. Yes I'm having trouble. With an incompetent university!

    ReplyDelete

Home      About Me      Categories      Blogroll      Buttons      Email Me