So I was rhapsodising about how soon I would be home and how much I was looking forward to it and I may have gone on about it just a wee bit too long, as one of my friends all of a sudden is like,
"Dude, don't you like it here?"
OF COURSE I like it here.
God, that is so not the point.
I like it here. However, I like certain parts of life at home that I'm just not getting down here.
* I miss my scooter. I miss riding it (her) and I miss being able to go places. RIGHT NOW.
* I miss my shower. I miss having kickarse water pressure and not having this affected if the whole Hall decides to take a shower at the same time as me.
* I miss the weather. Or rather lack thereof. I do not like having to check the weather site every freaking day. It's kinda funny how happy I can get when I see "Fine and Sunny. 27" scrolling across the bottom of the TV.
* I miss basketball. I am such a lazy shit down here. I walk up a bajillion stairs a day, so it's not like you won't be able recognize me due to all the fat I've acquired, but I really miss training. I could do without the hills also. But I do like the views.
* I miss my internet. Even though it's only dialup (we're gonna get broadband, aren't we dad?) I am so looking forward to having unlimited download. Like right now, I have 60 somethings (megabytes?) left. This is not gonna last me, but I'm gonna drag it out as long as I can and waste all of the library's download in the process.
* I miss the food. They cook us all kinds of nice fancy shit (and just shit) but I occasionally have a craving for a hamburger. Or a sausage in bread. Some crap y'know, but that doesn't taste like crap. And I'm kinda over ham and salad rolls for lunch every freaking day.
Ok, this is not a whiny post. If you read it in a whiny tone of voice, you're just going to have to go back and read it again. I really do like it here. But whatever else you think about it, Darwin has some kickarse qualities that I am soooo looking forward to.