Saturday, November 11, 2006

Lost and Found

Eri knocks on my door. We're going to go down to the PANDA Awards barbeque. I give my lips one last coat of my favourite Cherry chapstick cos the air is dry down here and my lips don't like, then off we go to the barbeque.

A little later, as I'm sitting in the courtyard, I'm thinking I could have worn some jeans that come up a bit higher when I sit down. But these are my favourite jeans, so they get to stay.

It gets really cold so I go to my room to get my hoodie, and maybe another coat of the bestest lip balm in the world, but I can't find it easily so I go without.

Next day, I'm looking for some chapstick before I go to the debate, grab my inferior Strawberry Chapstick, and off I go.

A day or two later, I'm thinking this is weird that I haven't seen my Cherry chapstick for a while, so I go through my room, systematically throwing things around, but it was nowhere to be found.

Eri and I both thought maybe it was in a pocket, but my favouritest jeans, although they are my favourite, do not have any pockets, so it couldn't be that.

On Thursday, I finally got around to doing laundry.* I went down just before dinner to move my clothes from the washer to the dryer,** and guess what I saw, nice and shiny clean, on the top of the pile of clothes.




That's right.
What we had all forgotten was that I was originally wearing my denim shorts, for about ten seconds, before I decided it was too cold and went upstairs to change into my favouritest jeans. Unlike the jeans, the shorts have pockets, including the one into which I shoved the chapstick in on the way out the door.
Mystery solved.

*and I mean finally. Like, I was going to do it the Friday before. And like, my outfit on Thursday consisted of the clothes I never wear, so much so that everyone was all, "You're looking very dressed up today." So it was past time.

**because just like floor-to-cupboard, washer-to-dryer is not automatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home      About Me      Categories      Blogroll      Buttons      Email Me