Saturday, January 26, 2008

Australia Day

Happy Australia Day!



I have to admit, I'm not doing much for it. I worked today, and I work tomorrow. Me and the rest of the country will have the day off on Monday, when I will attempt to start packing.

I wouldn't mind being at the beach, or having a barbeque, but everyone I know just jetted off to Hobart to be a world-famous scientist or to Perth to see Bon Jovi. And I'm a lazy bitch. Instead, I will have a nice Aussie meat pie and tomato sauce for dinner.

I think it's lucky Australia was born in January. Can you imagine us trying to be all "Aussie" in the middle of winter?

I like this list of ways to tell if you're a true Australian. Aussies: which one is your favourite? Everyone else: how many did you understand?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:24 am

    HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!!!

    Re: the list, I haha-ed my way through it, every single one is absolutely right! Particularly the 'You call your best friend "a total bastard" but someone you really, truly despise is just "a bit of a bastard"' one... I absolutely less-than-three this country!

    Oh, and if you love your meat pies, don't see Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Great movie/musical, but I really did love my pies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, Great list..

    Aussie, Aussie, Aussie OI,OI,OI1
    Aussie, Aussie, Aussie OI,OI,OI!
    Aussie OI!
    Aussie OI!
    Aussie, Aussie, Aussie OI,OI,OI!!

    ReplyDelete

Home      About Me      Categories      Blogroll      Buttons      Email Me