Friday, May 30, 2008

Get Back To Me

When I was an undergrad (like it was sooo long ago), people would occasionally ask the lecturer/tutor if they would check essay drafts for us. I may have even asked. I never, ever took advantage of this. They sure as hell don't want to have to mark something twice, and if it was a different person checking the draft, who is to say their suggestions would make it better by the actual marker's standards? Plus, I was on a schedule, and I tend to forget about an essay the second the word count hits whatever number could be considered close enough to the word limit to hand in.

Now, for some reason, I have had a change of heart. I emailed my Supervisor my Thesis Proposal a week ahead of the due date. Due date being today. And I haven't got it back yet.

Here's what I'm thinking:
Whose responsibility is the due date? She didn't ask. I didn't tell.
This is the Honours topic. She should have a grasp on due dates.
Do I email her now, all 'never mind'?
How pissed am I going to be if she emails it back, with awesome corrections.

Basically, I want some kind of reward for having it done before five seconds before the assignment box closes. Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home      About Me      Categories      Blogroll      Buttons      Email Me