Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's like you don't know me at all

The gym I joined makes you pay for two personal trainer sessions when you sign up, and somehow convinces you that they're free, so you're very excited about it.

Anyway, after a little mix-up involving me not giving the brain-washing gym people my actual phone number, a personal trainer called me this afternoon to book my first session.

Him: So, are you available tomorrow?
Me: Uh, yeah, tomorrow's ok.
Him: What time is good for you?
Me: Probably lunch time is best.
Him: So, sometime in the morning?
Me: I guess I could do the morning. What time were you thinking?
Him: How's nine for you?
Me: Ridiculously early.
Him ...?
Me: Nine's fine.
Him: Actually, 8:45 is better, don't you think?
Me: ...?!

And then I hung up because you just know his next suggestion was going to be even earlier.

4 comments:

  1. I would have laughed hysterically and hung up the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, no thank you Pushy McTrainerson. Nine a.m. is a crime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Pushy McTrainerson" is his official title from now on. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you meet him, put on a fake French accent and keep callling him "Pooshai". Go on, I dare you!

    and take some sandwiches with you - it is your lunchtime, is it not?

    ReplyDelete

Home      About Me      Categories      Blogroll      Buttons      Email Me