Sunday, June 24, 2007

Letter From United

Dear MissE:

I would like to offer my personal apologies for the extended delay you experienced on your recent United flight. As promised, please accept the enclosed certificate for your understanding and co-operation in this matter, as well as a token of appreciation for your business.

Please be assured that having the safest and most reliable aircraft is one of United's top priorities. Our on-time performance has been industry-leading, and we know how important this is in your choice of carriers. We realize we fell short on this trip and look forward to building your confidence in United.

Thank you again for choosing United Airlines. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again at the level of performance you expect and deserve from us.

Sincerely,
Elisa Bhatia
Customer Relations.

Let's recap, shall we? I went to America in June of 2005. I returned home in September from London via JFK and LA. In LA, we were informed that a door was broken, and we would be put up in hotels for the night, the better to catch the early-morning flight they were transferring us to. I assume this is the "recent" extended delay to which this letter refers.

I am now the proud owner of a hundred-dollar United voucher. It's pretty, but as I don't plan to use it as a wall decoration, it's kinda useless to me. If anyone wants it, let me know. Just be aware that you may experience some very extended delays in any of your correspondence with them.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:29 am

    Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:20 pm

    Dude - that's written in PORTUGUESE!!! But he's not Portuguese. Rodrigo there is Brazilian. And I'm sure he doesn't want your United voucher, he wants you to buy his personalised shirts. With money, not vouchers, I'm assuming. Although you can always try!
    Haha, he said he found your blog through google, and enjoyed your post. How much do you want bet he has no idea what you posted about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, i am currently accepting plane vouchers.
    what a coincidence!
    too bad you can't use it to come to chicago for blogher. i suppose it's a long flight for a weekend though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rodrigo: Umm, thanks, but ... no thanks.

    Carla: This is why I keep you around...for when randoms show up spouting Portugese at me!

    Tiffany: Wish I could, that would be awesome. Email me at carsandbostoncremes@hotmail.com if you think you could use the voucher.

    ReplyDelete

Home      About Me      Categories      Blogroll      Buttons      Email Me