Sunday, July 15, 2007

Stupid Evil Telstra

So, I couldn’t get on the internet last night. I’m typing this with no way of actually posting it. Yeah. Stupid Telstra. (I'm at uni actually, 'borrowing' their internet.)

They recently sent us a broadband pack, congratulating us on making the move from dial-up. (If I had my way, we would’ve installed it that afternoon, which would have solved this whole thing, but that’s neither here nor there.) We said thanks, I said yay let’s do it, and The Powers That Be said we’ll think about it. As they do. Say, I mean, not think.

Anyway, when I went to log on to our DIAL-UP, I couldn’t. Since the (stupid evil) people at Telstra had gifted us with broadband, they’d decided that we no longer needed our dial-up. And I’m sure you can all see what they couldn’t:
NO broadband + NO dial-up = NO FRICKIN INTERNET.

We gave them a call to abuse them see if we could fix the problem. I find it worrisome that one of the very first options is If you’re considering cancelling your account, press 2. Ahahaha. Must be a lot of people that become inexplicably annoyed when they have no internet.

The conversation concluded with the following recording: Thank you for calling Telstra BigPond: Australia’s leading internet service provider (Oh yeah? I really didn’t notice you providing any service OR internet) Please call back from 8am or visit our website at www.bigpond.com.

OH SURE. I’LL JUST JUMP RIGHT ON MY INTERNET AND CHECK OUT YOUR (STUPID EVIL) WEBSITE. THANKS FOR (literally) NOTHING, LOSERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home      About Me      Categories      Blogroll      Buttons      Email Me