Monday, October 11, 2010

NaBloPoMo: October 2010, Day 11

1. I think making a team is a big deal, and that being asked/selected to represent a club/state/country is a big deal. The uniform you wear is important.

2. I know I said that playing on so many different teams is cool, but I was young and naive then. It's not really all that cool. A little more structure and club loyalty would be very welcome right about now.

3. There's kind of a contract involved when you sign up to play for a team. You're promising to come to trainings and get fit, and they're promising to hold trainings and SUPPLY YOU WITH A UNIFORM.

I think all three of these points combine to explain why I am beyond disappointed that I will not be getting my own uniform, with my own name and number on the back. (The fact that the number I will wear was my first choice of number (which I couldn't have had) maybe makes it worse.) This is going to ruin a year-old tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home      About Me      Categories      Blogroll      Buttons      Email Me