Monday, June 01, 2009

NaBloPoMo June: Heroes

I don't even remember how to - oh! So you press these little things here with the letters on them on and - hey! Words on the screen! That's just amazing.

Day One of NaBloPoMo for June 2009. (This should in no way indicate to you that there will be any subsequent days of NaBloPoMo for June 2009 or indeed any other month.) The theme is "Heroes" and your time starts ... now.

Heroes is an awesome tv show. At least it was. I'm not so sure now but I think it still might be. The guys are still hot, so that's cool. Season One was completely brilliant, and at the time it was one of the best shows on tv. Save the cheerleader, save the world. The show had a focus, the characters had goals, and the massive cast was, for the most part, awesome.

Season Two, not so much, and in fact I think I might have blocked most of it out as not much is springing to mind. I think there were some good ideas that didn't really come off and some bad (read: boring) plots that went on faaar too long.

And Season Three. Some flashes of the old Heroes I thought. (The parking garage in the ice was CLASSIC.) Claire's hair? Dude, ew. The ending? Weak, guys. Be man enough to actually kill someone if you're going to, as we all know it's not going to stick.

I have high hopes for Season Four, but Heroes, you better get your act together. A clearly defined mission, a little continuity, make rules for your mythology and stick to them, and I'd totally appreciate it. Cos I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home      About Me      Categories      Blogroll      Buttons      Email Me