Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Medal Heroes



When I played junior basketball, our end of year presentations were fairly predictable. Myself, Flick, and Bee were the ones who showed for every training and every game. We knew we were likely to get trophies, the only variable was for what. I have every variety of Coaches Award; I was rarely if ever the best player on the team but I was Most Consistent, Best Team Player, etc.

I had no presumptions of getting a medal at the Social Frisbee grand final last night. (If anything, I would have bet on Most Improved or Best New Player for League.) I also didn't care, which is unusual for me. I knew I wasn't Most Spirited and there are about a billion better players than me out there. And yet somehow ...

2009 Semester One Female MVP For Flinders University Ultimate Frisbee Social League.

I am very honoured, and pretty sure I need to play a shitload better next season to earn it.

4 comments:

  1. Yeee-haw!!!

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice medal too. And you won it the cold and the rain.

    You're definitely a hero!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:36 am

    Congratulations! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo! Go you, gratz on the medal, I'm sure you deserved it.

    ReplyDelete

Home      About Me      Categories      Blogroll      Buttons      Email Me