Thursday, April 09, 2009

Easter Is For Eggs

When did Easter become about presents? Seriously, people, there are rules to be followed here. Show some respect for tradition.

Christmas is presents - one big one and lots of little ones. Birthday is presents and cake. Summer is icy poles. Winter is soup and crumpets. Adelaide is trams. San Francisco is fog. You know?

Easter is eggs. Chocolate. Eating badly.

If you have a problem with the amount of chocolate consumed at this time of year, (a) buy less chocolate, or (b) spread it out. I've had years where I still had Easter chocolate left months later.

Easter is not presents. Easter is for eggs.

5 comments:

  1. i must say i've always gotten small presents from my mom...er the easter bunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems as if everything is about presents nowadays...Annie gets some rediculous present for any and every rediculous occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree.. Easter is for chocolate...

    and if you can handle it space it out..

    *eats some M&Ms from who knows when*

    see.. it hasn't killed me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katelin: I might let it slide if that's your tradition. My Easter Bunny was never that generous tho!

    Jobi: That's cos she's adorable.

    SW: Dude! Those were mine, from Easter ... um, three years ago? I was wanting those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have discovered that Easter is not about chocolates, it's about sugared almonds and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS (you get my drift yet?) of food and pastries and cakes. Until they're coming out of your ears, and you're still eating the pastries and cakes two weeks later. *sigh* absolute bliss.

    ReplyDelete

Home      About Me      Categories      Blogroll      Buttons      Email Me