Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Made It

When I was in primary school, I represented my school (area?) in Zone Athletics. The fact that I had come third in high jump in my age group at our school's athletics carnival apparently qualified me to compete against kids who, I don't know, actually knew how to do the flop thing instead of the scissor kick I did.

Needless to say, it was not a massive success, but hey I got a day off school! The point is, I didn't really have to try hard to make a team I had no aspirations to be on.

I played NT Champs in basketball one year, but that was a matter of our club rounding up enough people to call a team. This included myself; at the time, and pretty much any time, a league reserve player playing up.

So I've never really had to try out for anything (oh! except Hall soccer! when we won the Cup! hell yeah) - even when I went to Mixed Nats I was just asked to be on the team - until now. And guess what?! I made it!

I made Indies.

3 comments:

  1. of course you did!

    I never doubted it.

    But congratulations anyway.
    Now the real hard work begins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo! Go MissE! You had better do well though, to justify your awesome reputation.

    ReplyDelete

Home      About Me      Categories      Blogroll      Buttons      Email Me