Sunday, August 11, 2013

Challenge Accepted... Reluctantly

Here is a pro tip for you: do not express dissatisfaction with your lack of six-pack abs within earshot of your boyfriend.

He will try to "help"/torture you by suggesting/forcing you to do the 30 Day Ab Challenge. This month of good times culminates in me allegedly being able to perform 125 sit-ups, 200 crunches, 65 leg raises, and a two-minute plank.

Of these, the only thing I think I would currently have even the slightest hope of performing is the two-minute plank. (As an aside, did I tell you about the time I watched this girl do a four-minute plank? It was awesome.) But that would certainly not be on a day that I also had to do sit-ups, crunches, leg raises, or anything else apart from lying very, very still.

I will be honest and say I am slighting interested in doing this Challenge. I would like a six pack, my belly having been genetically programmed to be unsatisfactory to me. If core work is going to make me a better runner, bring it on. And let's face it, anything he can do...

We start tomorrow. First rest day is Thursday. Thursday can't come fast enough.

Who wants to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home      About Me      Categories      Blogroll      Buttons      Email Me